The increase in mobile devices used to search online for and educate us about business, services and products is exploding.
A mobile friendly web design gives users a better experience. For example, users don’t have to fool around with zooming and shrinking the text or images on screen. All content adjusts accordingly to the size of your smart phone or tablets screen. Making it easier and better for users to read and navigate on your site.
There are stats that illustrate why the experience of users is so important. According to Google’s Think Insights on Mobile, whenever someone arrives on your website using a mobile device and is frustrated, or doesn’t see the content that they are searching for easily, there’s a 61 percent chance they will leave your website and head to another website that is mobile friendly and has made the user experience simple. However, if your website is mobile friendly and the user has a positive experience 67 percent of users said they were more likely to use a service or product from this business. 48 percent of users also indicated that without having a mobile friendly website they felt the business did not care for their business.
Figures for 2014 indicated 68 percent of people searched online using a mobile device. This stat from Sensis is a year old now, the current figures would be somewhat greater bearing in mind Australia’s thirst for mobile technology.
A mobile-friendly website…
Why Mobile friendly websites
- Google announces April 2015 it will prioritise mobile-friendly websites when searched for on a smart phone or tablet.
- A mobile friendly website gives your business higher credibility
- User gravitate towards mobile friendly websites
- Consumers love to research on the go, anywhere anyime.
- Smart phones connection to internet is high speed allowing quick and easy access to information
- Screens are getting bigger making searching online practicle.
- All plans come with internet connection making online use normal.
This ad from UK design studio Nettl illustrates the point well of how your website could embarrass you if it is not mobile-friendly…
The difference between Mobile friendly websites & non mobile friendly websites
- A mobile friendly website adjusts to the size of your mobile phone or tablets screen
- There is no need to fiddle around zooming in and out to see text and images on a mobile friendly website.
- Users find non mobile friendly websites unprofessional in this era of technology which makes them think less of your business
- You will rank higher on google searches on mobile devices
With the rapid increase in smart phones and tablets, trades and small business must keep in touch with the mobile explosion. Having a non mobile friendly website is bad for business google has also stepped in and have made it clear they rank mobile friendly websites highly.
Changing to a mobile friendly website will be a positive move for your businesses future, see our packages for professional and affordable mobile friendly websites.